POLICIES & GUIDELINES
Winter '22 Session
Please take the time to remind your child that After School is a place for all to have fun and that those children who treat others, whether staff or another child, in a way that the senior staff deems disrespectful or otherwise inappropriate, will be suspended or even withdrawn from the program if the problems persist. Drugs, alcohol, and weapons are absolutely prohibited. Personal property should be left at home. We will not be responsible for loss/damage to personal property brought to After School.
While we are committed to ensuring that every child is able to enjoy and benefit from our programs, all participants and families must be committed to constructive participation and appropriate behavior, and be willing to abide by the guidelines established by the program. By enrolling in one of our after school programs, you are considered to agree to the following:
I understand that my child is expected to behave responsibly and to follow all applicable school policies, including the school's discipline code. I understand that students who violate the school's policies, including the school's discipline code, may be excluded from the After School Program.
As a parent I understand that I am expected to help my child understand and follow these guidelines;
• There are no devices allowed for use during after school hours, unless specifically approved by the Director;
• I will be notified if my child's behavior undermines his or her ability, or the ability of other children, to enjoy, benefit from and participate safely in the program;
• If an issue of behavior arises, I will be expected to collaborate with the staff on a strategy to address the problem;
• If my child's behavior continues to undermine his or her ability, or the ability of other children, to enjoy, benefit from and participate safely in the program, his or her participation in the program may be suspended temporarily or permanently;
• Temporary suspension and/or permanent dismissal from the program are at the discretion of the PS29+ management.
Parents and all authorized caregivers must be noted in your family account and will be asked to sign-out before collecting child(ren). Courses are dismissed by the class instructor in the Kane Street Outer Cafeteria and Kids Club is dismissed by the front entrance with Ms. Colon. Children must be picked up promptly.
Pick up is at 4:20pm or 6:00pm sharp (based on your child's enrollment schedule). Late pickups will incur a fee, per the schedule below, which will be added to your next bill. Late fees are per family, not per child. Please call us if you know that you will be late so that we can make arrangements 917-412-0054.
If your child has self-dismissal approved, please be sure to have it noted in your account.
If someone other than the parent, guardian, or other individual listed as authorized on your registration form will be picking up your child, please provide us with notice of the name of the individual who is authorized to pick up your child, and the date(s) for which this authorization is valid. We require that each child be signed out every day.
Pick up is at 4:20 pm or 6:00 pm sharp (based on your child's enrollment schedule). Late pickups will incur a fee, per the schedule below, which will be added to your next bill. Late fees are per family, not per child. Please call us if you are running late so that we can make arrangements 917-412-0054.
4:21- 4:25 / 6:01– 6:05pm grace period
4:26- 4:30 / 6:06– 6:10pm $10
4:31- 4:40 / 6:11– 6:20pm $20
After 6:21 $25
Any child picked up after 6:20 pm on more than two (2) occasions will no longer be able to participate in the PS29+ After School program.